Saturday, March 28, 2009

What's for Dinner Tonight?

It's cold here. It's sleeting. It's snowing. Oh, and did I mention it was cold here? We are hunkered down in the house because of the mess Mother Nature is dumping on us outside. For goodness sake woman, it's Spring - didn't you get the memo? Anyway - here's a nice view from our deck, and this is just getting started. Did I tell you yet that it was cold here?
Weather like this makes me want something warm and yummy. Two small children make me want something cheap and easy. Now, if there was a way to combine all these wants and desires. . . Enter my favorite cooking device.

A crock pot is a beautiful thing. I love the dump and leave aspect of it.


Stewing away in the crock pot is my Aunt Sissie's 7 Can Soup. This soup is such an easy meal. It's a perfect mix of chili and soup, and don't the weather pictures above just SCREAM chili and soup?
Ah, yumminess. . . . right out of some cans. Now I have to decide if I want cornbread or grilled cheese or straight-up saltines to go along with this soup.

Oh, the recipe - super easy, OK. 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can vegetable beef soup, 1 can lima beans, 1 can chili with beans, 1 can chili without beans, 1 can mixed vegetables and 1 can of water. It feeds a small army of people, or you can have lunch and dinner the next day (my plan). Thanks Mom for passing this recipe along to me!

No comments: