Monday, June 8, 2009

A Family Trip

In March, we headed down to Mississippi to see my family. I grew up in a small town and my Papaw still lives on the same dairy farm that he always has. I grew up about a mile down the road, so I guess you can say I'm a farm girl too . . . . kinda . . . . sorta. . . . but the smell of cow poop and silage isn't my favorite smell (nor has it ever been, which may explain why I live in the city now!). Here are a few images that I captured while we were in the country at my Papaw's farm.

Here's my son playing with a toy truck that was my father's truck. My Papaw gave it to him while we were there, and he LOVED IT!

Here's a close-up of the truck with all the little twigs and sticks in the back that my son felt needed to be in there - It IS a work truck after all. I love the aged and rusted appearance of this truck. My son calls it his "dirty truck" which I think is adorable of course.

Here's my girl just being, well . . . cute. It's what she does best! Since this was early March, and there were no flowers in the Midwest, I just had to snap a picture.
Oh, she's clapping here! So happy to be outside where it's warm and sunny!

My son again - this time he's driving the Gator - He was and still is OBSESSED with this. It's kinda like an all-terrain golf-cart, but bigger.

This is my cousin jumping hay bales at my Papaw's house. Ahhhhh . . . . life in the country.
And THIS is my favorite shot of them all. My two guys walking hand-in-hand, contemplating life, having a father/son moment, just being themselves, and I was lucky to capture it!

For more Vacation stories, head on over to I Faces to see more pictures and fun times!

1 comment:

lislynn said...

Aaaack! That last one just jumped up and grabbed my heart! Such lovely pics. My vacay theme is on our trip home to my parents farm, too. I love the country :)