Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hmmmmm . . .

Now let's see . . .

Photobucket

It's been a week since I posted last. . .

Really? What in the world could we be up to around here?

Well, for starters, We got our roof replaced about a month ago and during the process, had a torrential rainstorm over our home. We are now having work done to our ceilings (which had to be drilled in order for the rain to run through them) and hardwood floors (which buckled with all the water). What was only supposed to be a 4 day project (per the contractor) is going into the third week starting next week. We have been out of our home for the past week and only moved back in this weekend to find out we will have to, once again, be out of it next week. The ceilings look good, but the floors . . . well the floors make me want to cry. I'm wondering if this is the first set of hardwoods that this guy has ever refinished? After we have a very "friendly" discussion with our contractor next week, I am hopeful that they will come out smooth and pretty. Oh, the joys of home ownership! It's all dumb-luck I suppose, but I'm trying very hard to remain optimistic.
So, anywhoo . . . that's why my presence here has been a little sparse. We are hoping to be back into our home (for good) by the end of next week, so hopefully I'll be able to post more pictures soon. Until then . . . just keep your fingers crossed for us.

1 comment:

April said...

Oh my! My project has not been in the magnitude that yours has been, but I can somehow relate on a minuscule bit. Having hardwood installed into my office has been quite the project and mess. The sawdust was/is all over the place and each day I conquer one more area. I had to leave though while my husband very kindly took on the project. I am thankful that my sister planned a lovely vacation right when it was happening and could rescue me from it all. What I found interesting was that my house being all messed up with everything that used to be in my office was more awful to me than my dusty house. Order is good I am learning and it also brings much peace to children. SO, if I was having a crazy time with my small project, I can't imagine yours! I am totally impressed with your optimism and pray that things come out finished very soon!!!